Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

INSTAGRAM

Reaping the Rewards...

Hey everyone


So, I received some pretty big news today relating to my placement/degree - turns out that my ABMS (placement) tutor and my training officers from placement nominated me for the IBMS (the professional body for my future profession and who assessed my placement HCPC registration portfolio this past summer) award for the 'best biomedical science student' in the west midlands (not that I live in the west midands, but that's where my uni is) - and turns out that I actually won!!

I literally cannot believe it! I didn't even know this award was a thing, let alone that I would even be considered for it and then to win it is just absolutely crazy! I mean the fact that I'm considered to be the best student on my course from all of the universities in the west midlands (that's at least 50 people from 10 different unis!) is just astounding!

It is beyond satisfying to know that all that hard work that I've been putting in, not just academically for my results but developing my professionalism whilst placement too and the fact that I try to help out the other people on my course if I can, hasn't gone unnoticed by my tutors/training officers and I'm actually getting the recognition for working my derriere off! I'm so so so lucky! 

As if this wasn't crazy enough - there's an awards ceremony that I now am invited to go to in November to go and collect my award - I've never been to an awards ceremony before so I'm so excited but so nervous too!

I've been in a bit of a slump recently and just lacking in motivation regarding my academics and future career so this couldn't have come at a more perfect time to pep me up and get me back on the right track again - as my best friend tweeted me when she heard the news, it turns out "good things come to those who wait" and putting the work in really does allow you to reap the rewards!

P.S. I know this post was a random one but I just had to document my news on here! 

aHm xoxo

3 comments

  1. Time to pick out the perfect outfit for the awards ceremony! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing!!! Congratulations Belle!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Belle! That's a brilliant achievement and a well deserved one. Have fun at the ceremony!

    ReplyDelete

Join in...