Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2014 Resolutions

Hey everyone

So last year was the first year that I actively made some resolutions so before I make my 2014 resolutions I want to review how I did with my 2013 resolutions.


MWIP - I'm very pleased to say that I successfully managed to post an MWIP every single week of 2013!! They are definitely my most favourite posts to write and also look back on - like a photo diary!
Jar of Happiness - I managed to fill up my jar with things that made me happy this year - I'm going to go through my jar this evening if I have chance (but I'm going out for NYE this year for a change so that may not happen!) or tomorrow and look back on everything that made me happy in 2013 - I'm really looking forward to reliving the happy parts of this year!
Say yes - This resolution was my weakest one - I didn't do so good on it :( In terms of placement I feel like I definitely got more out of my shell and more confident which is good, and I went to collect an award on my own which I would never really have done before! But in terms of going out with my friends I didn't say yes as much as I should have and I do regret that because I'm in my last year of uni so I'm not going to have to go out as much this year as I could have last year #regrets.

So all in all I didn't do too badly with my 2013 resolutions which has motivated me to make some 2014 resolutions...


MWIP - as I said before, these are my favourite posts to write and look back on so I want to keep that week by week record of my life going for another year.

Book Club - this summer I did a {Belle's Summer 2013 Book Club} feature and I loved writing reviews on the books that I had read over the summer. It got me thinking that I shouldn't let my 'fun' reading fall by the wayside during term time so hopefully by having book reviews as a weekly feature on here it will motivate me to find time to read just for fun - because I miss it! 

Higher Second Class Degree - I'm in my third and final year of my Bachelors degree now (a third of the way through it actually!) so it's getting to crunch time and my goal throughout my degree has been to come out with a first class degree but I really don't think that's possible now (those three stupid modules in second year when I was 1 mark of a first!). I want to make sure I really put all my effort into pushing to get the best possible degree I can in this home stretch - if that means settling for a 2.1 then that's what I'm going to have to do. I need to realise that that's still a really good degree classification, my course is basically just one step down from the difficulty level of studying medicine, and just because it probably wont be a first doesn't mean that it's the end of the world.

Life Building - as I said I'm finishing my degree this year (hopefully, unless I decide to go on and do my Masters) I need to figure out the whole getting a job situation (the application process is such a confidence weakening one!), going about entering the real big-girl world, making friends outside of studying - it's a minefield that I'm going to have to navigate this year if I want to start properly building a life for myself!

Jar of Happiness - I loved filling up my jar of happiness this year - I found it such a positive experience that really made me see how good 2013 was (despite some really dark times) and finish the year on a happy and positive note. I'd love to do the same in 2014.

Tattoo - I've been wanting a tattoo for years now (see {this} post) but was always worried that I wouldn't like something for long enough to commit to have it for life - as it turns out I've liked {this} tattoo for nearly three years now so I think 2014 might be the year to take the leap of faith and get it tattooed on me. I say all this and I just know that I'm going to end up chickening out, but hey ho - you have to have at least one unrealistic resolution, right?

So there are my 2014 resolutions - it's going to be a year of massive changes for me but here's hoping that on the whole it's a good one!

What are your 2014 resolutions? Or if you don't make 'resolutions' what are you goals for 2014? (I always think that 'resolution' can sound a bit forceful!)
Lemme know in the comments :)


1 comment:

  1. If you need a hand to hold while you have your tattoo lemme know ;) I had another one the other day... i'm on 5 now haha, number 6 booked for feb :D but shhhhhh don't tell mommy

    ReplyDelete

Join in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...