Sunday, 9 February 2014

Belle's Book Club 2014: #4...

Hey everyone

Next up in my Belle's Book Club 2014 series I'm sharing - Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Synopsis (via Goodreads

Becky Brandon thought motherhood would be a breeze and that having a daughter was a dream come true: a shopping friend for life! But it’s trickier than she thought. Two-year-old Minnie has a quite different approach to shopping.

Minnie creates havoc everywhere she goes, from Harrods to her own christening. Her favorite word is “Mine!” and she’s even trying to get into eBay! On top of everything else, Becky and Luke are still living with her parents (the deal on house #4 has fallen through), when suddenly there’s a huge financial crisis. 

With people having to “cut back,” Becky decides to throw a surprise party for Luke to cheer everyone up. But when costs start to spiral out of control, she must decide whether to accept help from an unexpected source and therefore run the risk of hurting the person she loves. 


Will Becky be able to pull off the celebration of the year? Will she and Luke ever find a home of their own? Will Minnie ever learn to behave? And . . . most important . . . will Becky’s secret wishes ever come true?

My Thoughts

I inherited this book from my mum - she read it and then somehow it found its way onto my bookshelves. I decided to pick it up as a light read after the trauma of dealing with {Ketchup Clouds} (read my review {here}!) which is exactly what Mini Shopaholic was - an easy light read.


Now this book is the sixth book in the Rebecca Bloomwood series and I've never read any of the other books but I managed to get through this book really easily - the past plot was well explained so there's wasn't any points where I was thinking "what is that referring to" so that's good :) I have watched the movie 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' which is based on the series but I didn't really need it to figure out the background for Mini Shopaholic.


The thing that I enjoyed the most about this book was how funny it was - I literally had to put it down at one point because I was laughing so hard - the author makes Rebecca's (the protagonist) voice so clear and relate able and she's just hilarious - I love her!


On the surface this book seems like a classic, predictable chick lit but there is a huge plot twist towards the end that I did not see coming but it made me so happy - it made me feel like I was one of the characters in the book because Rebecca had fooled me too!


All in all I'd say that this book is a really easy, light, refreshing, chick-lit read. I can't say that I can see myself re-reading it or picking up the rest of the series in the near future but I did really like reading it for a nice refreshing change!


I think this book would be a perfect beach-y read for spring break or the summer!

Would you read this book? 

I hope you're enjoying this new Book Club feature on my blog - let me know what you think of it! If you fancy writing your own book review post and joining in on Belle's Book Club 2014 then here's the button and pretty please link up using the widget below so that I can go check your post out!

 It'd absolutely make my day! 



P.S. I use {Goodreads} to keep a record of books that I've read and books that I want to read so if you want to keep up with what I'm reading you can follow me {here}!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so going to read this!!!

    Aftab @ freshandfearless.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Join in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...