Monday, 3 March 2014

How I Deal With My Nail Polish Addiction...

Hey everyone


In the last couple of years I seem to have acquired a rather large amount of nail polish - it's a slight obsession of mine! - and the storage of it has always been a struggle.

I don't like my nail polish to be strewn everywhere, it makes me feel guilty at how many I own!, so I've been trying to find a way to store them all that keeps them all together and organised whilst still being accessible.

And I think I've finally cracked it!

Here's how I deal with my nail polish obsession - by keeping them all organised, pretty and most importantly on display - that way I can just about pass them off as room decor and justify my excessive purchasing! 



I store my polished on my 'beauty shelf' - in a variety of different vessels but all are clear and see through!

I have three main ways to store my polishes - acrylic 3-drawer stack-able sets (these are dangerous because I can just keep buying more when my collection can expands!), jars (my mason jar obsession has evolved!) and old candle jars (this is arguably my best idea yet - it has a dual justification purpose, my love for nail polish and candles!)

I like to store my polishes by brand - so in my collection I have my Ciate, China Glaze, Barry M, Jack Wills & OPI (Ma has our Essie and Nails Inc.!)





With my Ciate and Barry M I like to keep them in rainbow order - I think it looks the prettiest that way!


As for my JW polishes - I have to be content with keeping them in size order, my mini's in one drawer and full size ones in another.

The last drawer is a miscellaneous drawer - but it is the beginnings of my Butter LONDON collection!


I use jars for my OPI collection (it pains me that they refuse to fit in these drawers - I might have to get some of the deeper acrylic drawers!) and another for my nail treatments - base coats, top coats, cuticle oil/cream


My limited China Glaze collection fit perfectly in this old Bath and Bodyworks jar - luckily this is limiting me (for the moment) from expanding my collection!


Finally, I found a use for one of my mason jar shot glasses (aren't they just the cutest?!) - to store my nail files and cuticle sticks!

So that's that - how I deal with my nail polish obsession is to store it prettily and functionally!

Are you as obsessed with nail polish as I am?
How do you store your nail polish?

aHm xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Looks like heaven! x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been collecting a bunch of polish from Julep since I became a maven. I've found the more options you have the more motivated you are to do you nails and then the more often you do them the better you get! I haven't gotten a manicure since I joined maven and my nails are great, I probably end up saving money because I'm not getting manicures or gels all the time. Two manicures or one gel practically pays for for my subscriptions. Gosh I sound like an advertisement.
    I keep all my polishes in a storage bin but my goal is to eventually have them on some sort of display. We shall see. I love all the drawers and jars, all very pretty and practical!
    With love, Madylin @ smilesnmiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! My collection's really started to grow and I've been trying to figure out a way to store them whilst still having easy access to them, you're my storage heroine right now haha!

    missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the nail polish . Super cute

    xx Valerie
    http://www.everylookhasastory.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your nail polish is so organized! Mine is all just thrown in a big hat box lol!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness so many colours lol I really need to find some great storage for my polishes!

    www.thefashion-six.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a ton too! I love how you have yours stored. I need to update my storage. It is all just in a big bag! haha

    http://crowleyparty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Join in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...