Sunday, 10 January 2016

Joining the #ECLP Family



After managing to continually use my Paperchase planner for the whole of 2015, and for the most part of the year I was using planner stickers to plan out my week (if you're a smidge lost then check out the planning community on YT - it becomes an obsession no matter how hard you try to resist!) I decided to treat myself to an Erin Condren Life Planner! 

Everyone and their mother seems to plan with an ECLP on youtube and I convinced myself way back in May last year that I *needed* one! but decided that seeing as it is quite the investment for a planner (from $50!) I decided to treat myself to it as a Christmas present to myself! And I'm so glad that I did - I'm obsessed with it! I love it far more than someone should love a glorified notebook I think!

I've obviously only been using my ECLP for a couple of weeks but I already am loving the vertical layout. I'm a very list-based person, I like writing lists and separating things out into sections - that's how my mind works best so the Erin Condren is perfect for me in that respect! Also, the unlined blank spaces of the pages really lend themselves to the creativity of using stickers to plan out your week! The possibilities are endless - but always leave me with the debate of "white space" or "no white space" (again, if you're lost head to YT!)!

But anyway, the point of this post is to introduce my stunning planner to the ol' blog (I mean just look at it!) mainly because it's one of my most favourite things at the moment! But also because this whole planning thing has become somewhat of a creative outlet for me. Seeing as my job is science-based there's a distinct lack of physical creativity in my life so I'm really happy to have found this new creative hobby in my life (I like to say that for me it's scrapbooking for someone who is creatively challenged!). And obviously I want to start sharing this new hobby on my blog. So there's going to be a sprinkling of planner-related posts appearing on here every so often (I'll try not to bombard you with it!) and I just thought I'd give you a bit of the heads up in case you're interested in the planning community!


Also, I'm going to shamelessly plug my planner instagram @belsmay13plans here because I try to keep my normal insta (@belsmay13) planner-free seeing as the whole planning thing really isn't for everyone - but if you are into planner then I'd love it if you gave my insta a follow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a lists person too, and as a Computing student, I feel the same about needing creativity in my life - there's a tendency to be online all the time! Sometimes I just really need that down time where I make something or just write!

    Lovely post.
    Looking forward to reading more about your planner journey.

    Kat
    The Mouse Chick Blog ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually going to get myself a personal planner at the weekend! I have recently discovered the community and love watching everyone's videos I find it so relaxing and can't wait to get mine! I of course want to see more blog posts on yours x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Join in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...