Wednesday, 20 April 2016

13 Stripes to Buy For Spring 2016

Untitled #8
         Untitled #9





If there's one thing in my wardrobe that I always manage to find room for, it's anything striped.

I was going through my wardrobes last week (you know the whole deal of taking everything out and physically look at each and every piece of clothing - what a task!) and I realised that I have enough striped tops (blue and white stripes only, naturally) to literally fill a whole drawer. Oops.

But anyway, I've come to the realisation that I have an obsession with stripes. One that has crept up on me over the last year or so and one that I've decided to fully embrace it! 

I just love a good striped piece of clothing - I love how put together and chic they make me feel! Plus it's the only pattern I can wear without feeling to 'not me'. I'm frankly just not cool enough for leopard print and flowery prints just make me feel a bit granny-ish!

So in the spirit of embracing my love for stripes and the fact that Spring/Summer '16 is nearly upon us - cue all of the nautical-inspired pieces that pop up in every store during this season every year (stripes for summer? groundbreaking...) I've rounded up some of the gorgeous bits and bobs that I've popped into my online shopping carts and have got me eagerly awaiting payday so I can hit the checkout button - all of the heart eyed emojis!

COLD SHOULDER DRESS // CROCHET TRIM CAMI // SHORT SLEEVED SHIRT // COLD SHOULDER TEE // CURVED HEM JUMPER // ESPADRILLES // LONG SLEEVED SHIRT // BARDOT DRESS // FLORAL OVERLAY DRESS // BALLET FLATS // SHORTS // SHIRT DRESS // KIMONO TOP

I mean, just look at that ridiculously cute shirt dress? That with a straw boater hat and white trainers, an outfit worthy of frolicking along the riviera, right? 

And the kimono shirt? Maybe with white jeans and brown wedges for a summer evening (not that I hardly ever go out but maybe that outfit might inspire me to? Maybe...)

How cute would the espadrilles look to jazz up a white tee and blue skinny jeans for general day-to-day wear?

I think that the floral and stripes dress might (just might) be that one piece of clothing that will make me actually like wearing florals? Who knows...that's reason enough to buy it though, right?

Ugh, I just love everything! Bank balance - I'm sorry in advance for the damage that's going to occur in the next couple of months when all of these babies make their way into my wardrobes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...