Sunday, 29 May 2016

Favourites // May 2016


It's May Favourites time! I actually feel like this past month was quite a reasonable length - it hasn't whizzed by like all of the others have done so far this year! But, how we're nearly halfway through the year already astounds me - where is 2016 going?!

Anyway, this month was good one - it was a very spendy one though, I treated myself a little more than my bank balance is happy with (lots of new beauty bits had their debut in my routine in the last couple of weeks!). Workwise, it was two years on the first of the month that I had my first post-grad interview and accepted my dream job - I can't quite believe how far I've come career-wise in the past couple of years, I think I love it more and more each day I go to work! And I was allowed to examine my first external quality assurance blood films and try to establish a diagnosis from them - really interesting to realise that I knew enough to manage it! In other news, we went to see The Jungle Book at the cinema and I really wasn't a fan of how scary and dark it was, not one that I'll be getting on DVD! Other notable events: I had my first Lola's cupcake, a burrito place has opened up in town (so now I don't have to wait 'til I go to London to get my burrito fix!) and we went on our annual trip to a local ice cream farm - raspberry ripple and death by chocolate was the perfect combination! Oh, plus I did a spot of DIY and installed some USB plug sockets into my room - life changing!

So, on to my few favourites from May: 

JOULES YELLOW RAINCOAT // I finally added a yellow raincoat to my wardrobe this month (after wanting one for a ridiculously long time!) and I've been loving it - so much so I managed to dedicate a whole post to it! Every slightly drizzly-looking day I've been wearing it and to be honest, it just makes me feel happier, it's so bright and cheery! Plus I've had a few compliments when I was wearing it so that's an added bonus too!

A COURT OF MIST AND FURY BY SARAH J MASS // Oh my goodness, this book was arguably one of the best sequels I've ever read! I adored the first book in this series (A Court of Thorns and Roses) and was a little apprehensive to see how the second instalment would hold up - it turns out it's even better! This book managed to completely turn how I felt about all of the characters on it's head! The love interest I had been rooting for completely altered and switched. The plot really picked up and moved fast. I can't rave about this book enough - it's incredible! It's fantasy/YA but not too fantastical, it's still very real. I am honestly considering re-reading this book again already, simply because of how it made me feel! It's took me on such a roller coaster of who I wanted to be with who, would they get together, will they manage to save their people from the magic that was threatening them. Seriously, I was sobbing at some points - such a good read that I'd highly recommend you give a read!

EASY ACC PORTABLE CHARGER // A portable charge is such a necessity these days - especially seeing as I've started to hop on the snapchat bandwagon a bit more (jeez how fast does that app drain your battery?!). I've worked my way through a couple of portable chargers but this is the best one I've found - it holds a couple of full chargers for my iPhone and is super slim so it doesn't take up too much space in my handbag! If you're on the hunt for a new portable charger definitely give this one a go!

And now onto the beauty bits:

DIOR STAR FOUNDATION // I love this foundation! I've been without it in my collection for about 6 months now and I really found myself missing it! I repurchased it this month and have completely fallen back in love with it! It's medium coverage, a great colour match for my paler than pale skin and has pretty good staying power (I haven't found the need for any touch ups throughout the whole day!). 

SUNDAY RILEY LUNA SLEEPING OIL // I swore that I wasn't going to give into the hype surround these Sunday Riley products - they're just so darn expensive, how much of a miracle worker could they be to warrant that price tag?! But, a deluxe sample of this sleeping oil was part of Anna & Lily's Cult Beauty Box so I thought I might as well give it a go. And, yeah - it's good stuff, it makes my skin feel plump and refreshed when I wake up in a morning so it's a nice addition to my skincare routine. Would I buy it full price? I'm just not sure I could make that much of an investment in just one non-essential step product!

ELIZABETH ARDEN EIGHT HOUR CREAM // I love this cream as lip balm - granted it's a pretty expensive lip balm but it has really fixed my super chapped lips that I've been struggling with after my night shifts this month (I think that the air conditioning at work just sucks all the moisture out of my skin through the night!). It's a luxury but on the plus side, this tube is going to last me forever seeing as I only need the tiniest bit for lip balm!

So that was everything I've been loving in May! If you want to see what I got up to during the month via the medium of instagram pics, then check out this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...