Wednesday, 8 June 2016

Inside My Bathroom Cabinet




It turns out, over the past year or so, I've become somewhat of a skincare hoarder. Personally, I blame it on the beauty realm of YT. Vloggers are such enablers - I can't sit through a binge-watching session without adding a tonne of things to my 'to buy' lists! Due to that fact, I seem to have built a reasonable collection of skincare bits and bobs over the past year or so (I used to be strictly a face wipe kinda gal so this is quite the step up!) so I thought sharing it would make the perfect post!

MAKE UP REMOVING // For everyday makeup removing I use Bioderma's Micellar Water - it's a classic and to be honest I've not found any other micellar water to be up to scratch compared to this French offering - they all seem to either dry my face out or sting my eyes but this one definitely just does the job of removing my makeup - simple! For when I want to take off a full face of makeup or if I'm wearing a particularly heavy foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear I'm looking at you!) I turn to Clinique's Take The Day Off Balm - it manages to break down makeup really easily and quickly, washes away everything and leaves my skin makeup-free and ready for a cleanse. 

CLEANSING // I'm a sucker for a cleanser - I love having a variety of cleansers to pick and choose from depending on what my skin feels like it needs. On a day to day basis I grab FAB's Cleanser - it's unscented and just does the job of cleaning my skin without being over-complicated or fussy which I really appreciate. In the winter I reach for the cleansing balm offering from Emma Hardie because my skin gets so dry, it really needs that injection of moisture that this thick balm provides. In contrast to that, in the summer I love the Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel - it's really foamy and leaves my skin feeling really refreshed and squeaky clean - it's perfect to use in the mornings to wake me up too! The newest cleanser to my collection is another gel cleanser - the acclaimed Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel. I've not had much change to test drive this one but I've loved it the few times I've used it - it's like the perfect hybrid between how lovely and hydrated a balm cleanser leaves my skin but also how fuss-free a gel cleanser is to use. 

MOISTURISING // I'm always a bit anxious at changing up my moisturiser - I'm nervous that using a heavier moisturiser that it's going to leave me looking all greasy and just encourage breakouts! So, I tend to stick to my Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre - it's another simple product that I can slap on and know that it works with my skin, it's easy and a product I reach for everyday. I've recently been adding the occasional spritz of Pixi's Hydrating Milky Mist into my routine when I'm feeling particularly lazy - putting cream on my face is just too much sometimes, a spritz of moisture is so much faster! 

BITS & BOBS // If my skin is feeling problematic (all of the redness and breakouts!) I tend to use a combination from La Roche Posay. Serozinc really helps to deal with the excess oil during a break out and just helps to calm my skin down. Their Effaclar Duo is what I dab on to spots to sort them out overnight - it really helps to reduce how angry breakouts can be and help them to fade away again! I tend not to exfoliate very often, my skin is quite sensitive so doesn't react very well to too many harsh chemicals so when I feel like my skin needs a bit of resurfacing I swipe over a FAB Facial Radiance Pad - they don't irritate my skin and just help to make my skin look brighter and fresher. Finally, the little treat step in my skincare routine is the splurgiest product in my cabinet - Sunday Riley Luna Oil is a little bit of a seemingly unnecessary step but oh wow it's fast become my favourite step! I wake up after using it as my last step in my skincare routine before bed the night before and my skin feels incredibly refreshed, plump and soothed. 



Wow, that's quite a lot of lotions and potions isn't it?! Having written this post I realise that I love having this variety of skincare products to create my perfect routine each day depending on how my skin is feeling.

What's in your bathroom cabinet? What are your go-to skincare products? Let me know in the comments - I'm sure I could squeeze in a few more bottles/tubs! 

1 comment:

  1. I only have four items in mine! My Superdrug micellar water, Lush cleanser and toner and my Body Shop moisturiser. I'm not sure I'd be able to cope with more than that!

    Em / www.positivelystupendous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Join in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...