Sunday, 30 October 2016

Favourites // October 2016




As if it's the end of October already?! Where did this past month go?! Anyway, onto my faves - it's another random collection of favourites this month (when is it ever not?!) and I've decided to just accept the fact that I'll never have a picture-perfect favourites list - they'll always be an authentic eclectic mix, and that's okay with me!

October was a pretty good month, no complaints from me! Work has been same-y same in the best way, I honestly love my job - there's never a day where I don't enjoy it (even if it's sometimes crazy hard work and stressful!). Aside from working, I spent most of the time obsessing over the colours of the changing leaves pretty much every time I stepped outside (instagram evidence here!) oh and we had the most amazing time going on a Pumpkin Patch Adventure! Plus that post became my most viewed post I've ever had in just two weeks! Crazy stuff!

So, my favourites:

Black Watch Tartan // I just love this print - the combination of black, green and blue makes it so wearable. I've been throwing this shirt on as part of my autumn uniform far more than I care to admit this month! And I can't wait until it gets chilly enough to bring out my Black Watch scarf too!

Pumpkin Patch Adventure // I know, I know - how much more can I bang on about the fact that I ticked something off my autumn to do list and visited a pumpkin patch! I don't care how crazy it makes me sound - I really enjoyed going on a little 'for the blog' adventure! It definitely made me feel more festive, I can't wait to find a fun activity to go and do to get me in the Christmas spirit! 

Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas // I wanted a new series to get stuck into reading, I remember really loving the 'A Court of Thorn & Roses' and how Sarah J Maas told the story through her characters so when it came up on my amazon recommended reading, I figured I'd give it a go! Oh my goodness I wasn't disappointed! I'm loving this series! I love getting lost in a new fantasy world - it really helps me to relax and detach from IRL stresses!

Dark Nail Polish // Autumn means saying goodbye to my bright blue nail polish of the summer and hello to darker hues. This Jessica hunter green colour was my most fave I wore this month - it wasn't too green, it looked almost black in some lights - I like how different and unusual it is, but still so perfect for autumn!

Neal's Yard Seaweed & Arnica Foaming Bath // I swear by the Neal's Yard Lavender Bath Salts - I really notice a difference in how quickly I get off to sleep after I've added a scoop of them to my bath! So I wanted to try something similar from the brand, I love a good bubble bath so thought I'd love this foaming bath - which I do, especially after night shifts! Having a bath with a dash of this in really helps to combat my exhausted leg muscles and my tense back! Plus it helps to wake me up after sleeping for most of the day!

Kate Spade - Mini Cassie // I picked this bag up on a total whim when I spied it in TK Maxx - it was on such a crazy good deal, I just couldn't leave it on the shelf! I've been wearing it every day since I bought it at the start of the month and I love it! It's a really reasonable size for a small-ish bag - it fits everything I need in it for work/play, it's black so it pretty much goes with everything (especially seeing as I've been pulling out my black leather ankle boots almost every day this month!) and it feels really sturdy and scratch resistant so I don't feel like I'm going to damage it by wearing it every day! Such a winner for such a steal!

So they were my faves from October! If you fancy having a nosey at what I got up to in October then check out my instagram round up post!


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...